Thursday, July 16, 2015


We have been home for 5 days now. The Partnership of Hope Mission Trip to Malawi seems like a distant memory, but still at the same time, so very near. We now take safe water, food, shelter, transportation, and our quality of life as the norm. But now the norm has a different feel to it. Do we really need those things which we in our society chase after? Larger houses, cars. TV’s latest designer clothing. Do we need to take long showers, or leave the water run when we brush our teeth? Does it upset us when we see food being wasted? Does it really matter if we get upset over situations, like waiting in a Doctor’s office, sitting in a traffic tie up, or behind someone in the grocery store, who is slow in checking out? It was pointed out to me that these are the 1st world problems, and people in the 3rd world counties do not have these issues. They don’t wait in Doctors office, as there is no office, if there is no Doctor. Grocery stores are few and far in-between, and foot traffic don’t really get backed up.


By having the experience of being part of the Malawi Partnership of Hope, has changed my way of thinking of what is important. Hopefully, I am a little more open to the needs of our families, friends, neighbors, and all those in need. It is not as important as to what I need to do to better myself, but to assist our fellow neighbors.

Matthew, 25, 34-40, “What you did this to one of the least of these my brothers and Sisters, you were doing it for me” In Malawi, it is easy to see the need. But it has awaken in me the need that is in our own family, neighbors, and community.

After going to Malawi 6 times, I still find it very difficult to put into words how Malawi has changed me. But it has.

2015 team was a team of 5, the smallest team that has been sent by the Partnership of Hope. The question is asked, what is the ideal size of team? My response, is the number that is currently on the team, as there is no ideal number. Each team is different, and has it own personality.  I will always cherish the opportunity to share this with our Grandson Mic, and look forward to being part of the 2016 team.
If there is any flame in you wanting to experience this, Please contact me.
God Bless
Len Pallas
 

No comments:

Post a Comment