Saturday, June 25, 2016

We made it to Atlanta and will now patiently wait until we can board our next flight to Johannesburg! I hadn't been too worried about the length of this next flight, but now I am a bit nervous to find out what 16 hours on a plane actually feels like. Either way I am excited to have the time to get to know more about my fellow team members and I may also have a few adult coloring books to occupy my time. They are supposed to be "relaxing" you know.

As we were getting ready to depart from Des Moines this morning, Kathy gave us a few tips and last words before she and others sent us on our way. One thing stuck with me in particular. She talked about how she prefers to think about the things we have in common with people rather than then getting hung up on the things that are so different between cultures.

Throughout the duration of my trip I will try to keep this in mind.

In other news, we are definitely not the only mission team present in the Atlanta airport. It has been fun to see other various groups of people wearing matching shirts with different countries on them preparing to travel halfway across the world to spread the good word of God!

I think I will start to high-five them as we pass.

Pretty soon it will be Sunday, and not long after that Monday.

Kelby Halfpop






No comments:

Post a Comment